Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Keep it Fab...


What class are you in? ask Oprah. I was really shocked to find out how many people out there are class conscious. I can't help but to wonder, what would I do should we loose our income? I've done my fair share of unfortunate circumstances to the point that I lived in my car with my whole wardrobe stored in the trunk.  Yes I get paranoid when I hear the word recession, what would I do? How can I keep up with my guilty pleasures? Will I have to give up everything? But then two icons that have remained my heroes reminded me that the power of style, fashion, and determination can take you as far as you can dream.  Big Edie and Small Edie (Jackie O's relatives and former socialites became infamous for living in their decaying Hamptons House called Grey Gardens with lots of cats and no running water) serves as my inspiration that being fabulous doesn't cost anything and can act as a symbol of defiance, in fact. I love the movie poster. Little Edie wearing a fur coat in front of her crumbling home is a powerful image that represents persistence and courage to remain who you are no matter what class you're in..

No comments:

Post a Comment