Tuesday, August 25, 2009

When you're tired you take a Nap-a

Rubicon
Gorgeous chair at Rubicon Winery
Friends and I at Domaine Carneros
Once a month a take some of my friends for an hour and half drive to Napa for some girl talk and wine. Having a membership at Domaine Carneros one of my favorite sparkling wine maker is a good excuse to take a trip there and pop a bottle that I am obliged to purchase. This month in addition to Domaine Carneros, we visited Francis Ford Coppola's winery Rubicon and what a treat we had during our visit. We had an awesome sighting of the Coppola family. Yes the legendary director Francis Ford Coppola with his family just going about their winery. It made me feel as though I am just a guest of their house and I didn't want to bother them for a photo op. They are Italians and Sundays are family day so I didn't want to be invasive. Rubicon is filled with Film relics, old cameras, film, costumes, Oscar and Emmy awards so it made the visit extra fun. But the best film relic I found is a Mutoscope that played nude flip book which I'm guessing from the late 1800 to early 1900's! I was so excited that I recorded the the flip book as I wound the mutoscope for an early-esque film making cinema. I have always dreamed of owning an antique nude flip book and I couldn't believe that I actually saw one! Napa never disappoints with its gorgeous scenery and endless vines and the relax atmosphere. And yet you still find hidden treasures from the wineries amongst it's smooth wine production, it is the perfect weekend getaway.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very interesting and fun time. I would be shaking in my shoes if I see the Great Francis walk in front of me.

    ReplyDelete