Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Coco before Chanel


I have an absolute admiration and respect to Coco Chanel as she embodies every strength and vulnerability a woman should poses. I am excited to see the film not only because I'm a big fan of Audrey Toutou but to also watch the journey this woman had before the brand. Without her we would still be wearing petticoats and elaborate hats as our daily wear (not that I would hate that, but it could be exhausting I presume). She designed clothes that are practical to wear without sacrificing the fit and the luxurious materials. But what stands out more about her is that she defied every rule and every norm of how women interact with society during those early times, how she raised above every challenge she had in life (hello bringing jersey to mainstream wear)I like this trailer amongst all the one I've seen because it has more drama to it...

1 comment:

  1. oh hell yeah! and i know there's a karl lagerfeld doc coming out too.

    ReplyDelete