Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Not so sexy Geisha House



I have heard of this sushi place down in Hollywood called Geisha House. It supposed to be a place for good food, cocktails while still being ultra chic. So I go well, this is sort of my kind of place so while I'm here in LA why not invite couple of friends and lover to dine at this supposedly good restaurant.  Chic? well yes of course I've had my fair share of nice looking restaurant and I'm a sucker of people watching so this is a good place for that. Many good looking girls but very few "realistic" looking men and people in general. Is it fashionable? the dress code is casual and being in LA that means jeans!!! The cocktails were okay I tried the Geisha Kiss which is a concoction of lychee and some sort of vodka and it was good, very light, sweet and strong..delightfull!.a good way to start off the night as we wait for our LA friends. During dinner I ordered my all time favorite spicy tuna roll called the 911 w/c isn't that spicy if you ask me and what they call Frightened Geisha which is spicy tuna cucumber topped with torched salmon tobiko spicy cream sauce and eel sauce, wonderful not really just okay. Anyhow the prices are good I think it's a normal sushi price for dinner but then again I live in San Francisco so that might not be the case in other states. Overall, the restaurant is chic and a good hang out place to people watch. It is trendy but what I won't forget about the night isn't the food or the cocktails or the people but the good conversation I had with great friends...


*For more information about the geisha house, visit http://www.dolcegroup.com/geisha/*

1 comment:

  1. the spot looks super cute and intimate. kinda reminded me of the booths at the stinky rose at north beach.

    ReplyDelete