Monday, June 1, 2009

The Hills Not Alive





Few years ago, one sunday afternoon I was bored out of my mind so I start surfing the television and came across a reality show called The Hills. It's about this girl Lauren who moved to LA from Laguna Beach also a reality show. I never watched an episode of Laguna Beach so I don't really know who Lauren Conrad is and never really watched any reality tv shows so I wasn't familiar with the "reality" style of episodic shows. But since bored out of my mind I kept what looks like a marathon of the shows from beginning of Season 1 to then Season 2. I was intrigued and told myself wow look at this young beautiful girls who actually live so glamorously in Los Angeles, CA = Hollywood. I was naive then to think that their show wasn't Hollywood but an actual glimpse of normal women leading normal lives. Needless to say I was hooked and became a follower of the show. I like Lauren because she seems to be the nice girl in a very tough world. She has always maintained a certain degree of class. I also love the style of the show and although I now developed a style of own I am not embarrassed to admit that I did follow Lauren's sense of style. I enjoyed watching her and her circle of friends navigate their yes a little lame but dramatic lives looking chic.  As the show became more popular the more apparent it has become to me that the situation are staged but that didn't really stopped me from watching it. I enjoyed the current trends the girls of the Hills are wearing.  I am sad to see Lauren say goodbye to the show because I feel like I saw her blossom into the woman she is now but I do think that she has made the best decision on leaving the show and take a risk of re-inventing herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment